The University of the Philippines Open University (UPOU) Office of Gender Concerns concluded the celebration of the National Women’s month with a webinar about “Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI)” last March 31, 2023. The invited resource speaker was Criselda Bisda, a human resource practitioner for 16 years.
The University of the Philippines Open University (UPOU) opened the celebration of Women’s Month with a timely and informative webinar entitled “ODeL for the Future and ALL: UPOU Women’s Month Forum.” The webinar highlighted the vital role of Open and Distance e-Learning (ODeL) in ensuring access to education and promoting gender equality.
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are upcoming from the Office of Gender Concerns. These are free online courses available for interested individuals and organizations, and may be used as part of mandatory gender sensitivity training of employees in any institution (for certification of completion, please contact us before the start of courses when they are made available). These courses are entitled:
Course 1 - Understanding Sex, Gender, And Sexuality: Definitions, Perspectives, and Issues
- Module 1: Constructs of Gender, Sex, and Sexuality
- Module 2: Gender Socialization Processes and Social Institutions
- Module 3: Developments in Feminism
- Module 4: Perspectives from the LGBT Community
- Module 5: Masculinity and Gay Theories
- Module 6: Issues on Gender and Sexuality in the Philippines (and beyond)
Course 2 - Gender Sensitivity: Gender-based Discrimination And Oppression
- Module 1: Sexual Identity Politics and Intersectionality of Identity
- Module 2: Gender-Based Discrimination and Oppression
- Module 3: Economics, Politics, and Other Socio-Cultural Aspects of Gender and Sexuality